13th International Congress on Quality in Healthcare Accreditation and Patient Safety
The health care industry across the world continues to make improvements. There have been leaps on the road towards the system that we all desire and strive for. Technology has been impressive. Positive changes have been rewarding. Organizations have been forthcoming in their support of performance improvement and donors have been generous in their commitments. But, professionals must be motivated and rewarded to continue in their efforts in identifying and facilitating the mechanisms to lift the health care system to higher performance levels and insure an environment that is safe, efficient and accountable.
In collaboration with the Society of Healthcare Academicians, Riphah International University, Pakistan, Turkish Standardization Institute, Turkey Health Care Quality and Accreditation Institute (TUSKA), European Society for Quality in Health Care and The Turkish Quality Society invites abstract proposals for presentations at the 13th Annual International Conference on Healthcare Quality, Accreditation and Patient Safety. This is being planned for Antalya, Turkey from 24-27 April 2019.
The central theme in this conference is innovative and evidence based accreditation, patient safety and risk management programs in health services. The demand for better quality health care increases with a higher income level. Health expenditures that rise with the demand for health care bring a need for controlling the costs and improving efficiency in health services. Innovative methods and processes that come with the developing technologies improve early diagnosis and treatment capabilities that pre-empt future costs and hence improve overall quality and efficiency of the health services in the long run.
The congress will assist the participants in understanding, developing and implementing innovative and evidence based accreditation, patient safety and risk management programs in their organizations and prepare them for future professional challenges. From invited plenary presentations, selected workshops, oral and poster presentations, participants will have opportunities to explore collaborative approaches to quality improvement among users, providers and donor organizations, and to examine new systems and ideas that reach across traditional boundaries
With the theme “Innovative and Evidence Based Accreditation, Patient Safety and Risk Management Programs, Lessons Learned and Challenges” this multidisciplinary healthcare quality conference will be of value to:
- Policy makers
- Professionals, physicians, nurses, surgeons and other health care professionals
- Researchers, healthcare administrators
- Quality improvement professionals
- Patients and their representatives
The congress’s focus is on the Core Concepts of technological assessments and improvements and innovations in patient safety
We may also include the following related themes:
- Advancing healthcare technology, which includes safe and user friendly technology, patient oriented technological advances, use of technology to render safe, effective and efficient healthcare.
- Patient safety, risk management and the reduction of medical errors.
- Making the Healthcare environment safe to patient, their families and our employees, which includes medical errors, risk management, environmental safety, reporting on errors, problem solving, etc?
- Innovation in care services that is patient focused and customized, which includes IT issues, innovations in practice, breakthrough experiences, e-health, etc.
- Innovation in communication and training, which includes: use of electronic medical records, CPOE, effective communications with patients, interpersonal communications among care givers, active listening, reporting mechanisms, communication avenues, patient and provider satisfactions, marketing quality, etc.
- Effectiveness: Insuring a delivery of care that achieves desired outcomes, which includes accreditation, certification, outcomes indicators, setting standards, measuring performance, PI projects, etc.
- Ensuring the optimum use of current resources: Efficient Resource Utilization, which includes utilization management, peer review, cost containment, health economics and quality, human resource allocation and distribution, etc.
- Adverse Drug Reactions and Pharmaco-vigilance
- Drug Research and Development, Policy and Strategies in Pharmaceutical area
- Providing care that is equitable includes stereotyping, health literacy, access to care, availability of care services, etc.
- Paying for Quality, includes methods for incentives, rewards and recognitions, national quality awards, etc.
- Innovations in healthcare system infrastructure. Including; system design, safety by design, an environmentally friendly facility, and patient participation in structure changes.
- Efficiency in delivery and care, which includes cost effective and cost beneficial care, linear programming to contain costs, minimizing and maximizing to provide effective yet efficient services and organizational structure.
- Moral and ethical behavior in delivering healthcare services. Including; bioethics committee involvement, informed consent and enlisting patients in research, IRB’s, advanced directives and living wills, etc.
- Preparing for the worse.
As co-chairpersons of the congress, we write to you with the greatest enthusiasm and interest that we will be delighted to meet each and every one of you and hope to work with you during this event. We look forward to seeing you in our Congress to be held at the connection point of three continents, at the pearl of Turkey, in the Turkish Riviera; in the city of Antalya.
We hope to welcome you in Antalya in April 2019.