EmTech Mena 2019
Discover the emerging technologies that will change the world
EmTech MENA 2019, taking place for the second time, has been running around the world for the last 20 years, organized by MIT Technology Review. The MENA edition is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Future Foundation’s Board of Trustees, in Jumeirah Emirates Towers, on November 4-5, 2019. Organized in partnership with Dubai Future Foundation. EmTech MENA brings the best of technology and business and guides its audience on the future of tech and work.
What is EmTech?
EmTech is your opportunity to discover future trends and to understand the technologies that will drive the new global economy. It’s where tech, business, and culture converge, and where you gain access to the most innovative people and companies in the world.
EmTech MENA is organized by MIT Technology Review Arabia, the region’s edition of the world’s oldest and most respected technology publication since 1899. EmTech is organized by Haykal Media and Dubai Future Foundation and was launched for the first time in MENA in 2018, in Dubai.
Since its inception in 1999, EmTech has become the world’s most influential conference on emerging technologies that matter, growing into a global community which runs in the United States, Europe, South America, India, Hong Kong, China and Singapore.
- AI and the Future of Work
- The Future of Digital Health
- Future Cities
- Computer Created Reality
- Future of Energy and Sustainability
We’d like to have The Arab Hospital magazine as one of our Media Partners for EmTech MENA 2019 – hence, reaching out to you.
Some of our confirmed speakers for 2019 include:
- Her Excellency Noura Al Kaabi, Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development, UAE
- Her Highness Sheikha Shamma bint Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Founder and CEO, Alliances for Global Sustainability, UAE
- His Excellency Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment in the UAE
- HE Khalfan Belhoul, CEO, Dubai Future Foundation, UAE
- Brian Behlendorf, Executive Director, Hyperledger (Linux Foundation), USA
- Solomon Assefa, VP, IBM Research, USA
- Marius Swoboda, Head of Physical and Computing Sciences, Rolls-Royce, Germany
- Kosmas Kretsos, Sr. Director, Pfizer, USA
- Dr. Emmanuel Fombu, Director – Digital Medicine & Innovation, Johnson & Johnson, USA
- Greg Cross, Co-Founder, Soul Machines, USA
Innovators Under 35 MENA
We are looking for 20 innovators under the age of 35 who exemplify the spirit of innovation in technology and business. Organised by MIT Technology Review since 1999, the prestigious Innovators Under 35 competition has honoured some of the world’s most brilliant minds such as Google’s Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg, Tesla’s JB Straubel, Spotify’s Daniel Ek and Broad Institute’s Feng Zhang. In 2018, IU35 MENA was launched and selected 10 winners from UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Algeria, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, and Syria.
We encourage you to nominate young researchers and entrepreneurs who are using technology to come up with creative and inspirational solutions to global problems. The 20 honourees are recognised not only for their advances in a field of research, but also for their capacity to make an impact on society as a whole, and to lead the future of technology.
Why You Should Attend?
Over 500 professionals from the GCC and MENA region will be attending the high end tech event. MIT Technology Review events consistently attract senior-level business and technology decision makers who drive the global innovation economy.make their way to Dubai on November 4-5, 2019.
EmTech MENA is a must-attend for:
– C-Level Executives and Policy Leaders
– Innovators & Entrepreneurs
– Tech Media
– Venture Investors
– IP Professionals